What is life?: 8668, 8188-8-0

Friday, May 27, 2005

8668, 8188-8-0

My previous post certainly sounds pretty suicidal.

Hmm. Woke up to a call from SC's HR.

10am tmr with orig. certs.
8668 Aile

Well, anyway, things would have to be settled by June 2.

Can't imagine I could be approached at this age, and day and time...
Zhen said he looks like a slacker. Ha. Hmm. Camera sales, he says. At Sim Lim Sq.

True.

Rejected an interview this morning -- wow. wasn't she rude. maybe she's jus busy. who am I to judge anyway.

Maybe I shld jus stop the no. retention to my new no.
whahaha.

yeah... entertaining myself...

*daydreams*

Perhaps I shld go do my DISC again. And Fat Analysis report.

And bring my Mum for massage and spa.

Feel like going back to school -- well, MOE offered. I could be back in school for two years.

But kinda feel like time is running out.

But a MASTERS is certainly in order. Or shld I get my head permanently damaged too, some time down the line? Kinda tired of Dad saying "that person very smart, got this, got that, Masters, Phd"... ggrrrrrrr.

It's a piece of paper. Why would you like me to get it, cos it's gonna get me more money, is that what? Haiz.

If life is simply thus, then it's a raining-cats-and-dogs doom and gloom. *cue rain throwing themselves against panes*

Ouestion of the day: Wat would you think if someone offered to become a Christian, jus for you? *He had better never read this post*

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28 May, 2005 10:33  
Blogger Paul said...

Hmm, well, I guess I feel the need to add some of my views with regards to Ph.Ds.

A Ph.D doesn't necessarily get you extra money, I've seen many "normal" Ph.Ds all around, eking out a living. In fact, some are rather poor. Getting a Ph.D means having to fight with other Ph.Ds in the ratrace, there's no escaping it.

A Ph.D is good, however, for the time it accords to you in testing out a hunch or idea. So if you have something newfangled and will change the world for better or worse, the time spent doing the Ph.D will be very satisfying. To a certain extent at least, until the money bug bites :)

So, Ph.Ds are mostly pretty cash-poor academics with bright dreams. Where $$$ is concerned, building a business is the way to go.

28 May, 2005 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home