What is life?: Wat do u remember most about your childhood?

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wat do u remember most about your childhood?

Breakthru! *Daddy upstairs is really good to me. Actually helped me find matching wooden curtain rod holders. My goodness. "God is good, all the time..."*

I love my parents. I do, just tt they are so exasperating at times -- last nite I couldn't help it but close the door-- cos Daddy kept complaining about wat is happening at work.

Attitude is so important. My attitude towards my work too, but I'm really just so tired. And poor from working. Poor mentally, penny-wise, spirits-wise. And feeling this extreme lack. A stronghold in my family... to suffer from lack for all these years?? Had this lack for erm, almost as long as I remember... 1985, 86?? Did someone curse us? HAhahahaa. Just woke from a 12-hr sleep. Still tired. Can't really open my eyes... Think I'd rather be studying or something. :P *Is that why ppl spend so much time in school, getting MBAs or research??? :P No offence to all my frens furthering your studies, I look up to you guys a lot, cos I know it's not easy. :) I would love to be able to do tt. :D*

I was wiping the floors with the wet MagicClean when the smell triggered the reminiscence of times when I was an only child for six years. Thank goodness for that or else I'll be tt much neglected and Dad and Mum used babywipes exclusively FOR ME!! ME! :P

*It's a freezing 16 deg... cos the aircon outside is spoilt till the repairman repairs it NEXT WEEK. and our aircon is on to full blast to "contribute" to the living room... BRRRRRR. I woke from the cold to rush to loo and put on sweater and long pants... STILL COLD. Mum says it's comfortable outside in the living room... I KNOE... but I can't type properly in here... and my nose is running away*

Talking to Mum and Dad just now... recognised that Dad was sort of neglected as a child, so tend to air grievances cos he felt owed. *Breakthru!* I guess awareness can do a lot. Now I'm not so much looking at my Dad complaining per se, but the reason he's been doing it, maybe he doesn't want to, but it's HIS form of release. I guess I do tt too, to some extent. But not as bad, so thus I beseech parents to be again, please LAVISH loving care and attention to your kids, or not have them b4 u ruin their lives forever, or have them ruin other ppl's lives forever.

*I must be sneezing for a reason... activity creates heat. haha. so that I can stand up to the cold. COLD COLD COLD... Snnneezzzee.*

Bought the book -- 'Seek God and Live' - Yes. Tt's wat life should be. Shall be. Would be. Me and my family. Kids in tow. FUn. Sharing, Loving GOd. Haha.

*Hmm. Someone jus logged in on MSN -- Basic Instinct, who's tt? Let's see... Hmm. C jus logged in too. Not going out on a Sunday...? Hmm. *

*MAN, it's really )&$(*#&*(&$# cold. Thot I got transported back to the NUS library. Typing on the ancient green-texted computers, searching for some long-lost text... i jus lost my fingers i think... got to find the aircon controller liao*

Yesterday's message -- nowadays the messages never fail to speak to me -- last week's too.

22/1/05 New Beginnings

Lamentations
3:22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
(or "His Loving Kindness never ceases, compassion never fails.")
3:23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

It reveals His 1. Posture (towards us), 2. Provision, 3. Promise and 4. Prescription

1. Posture
a) that we are in His Favour -- His loving kindness never ceases -- never stops, never fails. Everytime you need it, it's there. And it never gets used up, nor worn out.
b) Compassion -- His Love, He focuses on us with love, with tender mercy, like a mother looking on her newborn baby.

2. Provision
"they are new every morning" -- they are always there for you to draw upon.
He has made available a new slate every morning. It's fresh, it's clean -- He will not remember the past -- He Lets Go.
Ephesians 4:26 -- "Let not the sun go down on your wrath". Do not hold grudges against your spouse over the night.

3. Promise
"I receive your new beginnings for today!"
He will NOT carry over your sins. He is READY to forget, to forgive. There are 365 opportunities a year to start anew.

4. Prescription
Leviticus 26:10 -- "And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new."
a) Accept His Grace for each New Day.
b) Allove Him to make a New Day, don't carry things over from yesterday.
c) Appropriate His Provision every day.

I pray for Wisdom, Creativity, Peace (for the world and peace of mind) and Love. Help me learn, come to you every day, and discipline.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home