What is life?: At peace...

Sunday, December 05, 2004

At peace...

Listening to Hillsongs, and at peace... have always felt at peace hearing them...

1. So (Close) I believe (My favourite)
2. The Potter's Hands
3. So You Would Come
4. Holy Spirit Rain Down
5. Let Your Presence Fall
6. Making a Difference
7. Shout to the Lord
8. I Dream by Taufik Batisah, and Sylvester Sim. HAHAH!

Watching Taufik and Olinda, as they go thru weeks... all I can say is WOW. They've grown. It's a process of growth not many has the opportunity to go thru in such a short space of time... and they have indeed proved their mettle. Grateful for the change that they've went thru... I'm sure they've learnt a lot abt ppl ard them, as well they themselves. Once-in-a-lifetime experience...

But seriously what isn't "once-in-a-lifetime"...? Even things we are doing over and over again... the 1st time, is still once-in-a-lifetime, the 2nd time experience is still different. Tt's why we shld get more out of life... then simply trying to get thru... as fast as we can... things tt are unpleasant... they are prob the best learning experiences we can have, isn't it so?

Not often I'm home at this time... but I had my share of pool last nite... and attempted to walk home from Tanjong Pagar, and thinking thru, and speaking to Daddy above. But saw a group of foreigners having an argument far ahead near Arab St... decided not to put myself at risk, and hailed a cab straight away. Have things changed? Are things not as safe, or is it simply a one-off incident that I happened to witness. I'm different, walking home for example, but I'm not foolhardy.

Prayed to God during service, asking for a breakthru and freedom from the fear of lack. Hahah. Tt's also a demon tt's been dogging me for the whole of my life... when I was young I was considered born with a silver spoon... but soon that turned into bronze, then no spoon. haha. Soon, we had to depend on things ourselves... which is not exactly a bad thing. As I went home... I saw a letter from J-Team, asking for ppl to go for auditions -- well, I'm going to ask to be moulded to be all-round artiste - sing, dance, act. Yes. At least both singing and acting. And if only I could produce an album with local Hillsongs... haha. :P I want to make a difference. All the more I ask for what III WAAANNTT. All the more I force it, the more I fall, as it is not in His plans, even when I thot I COULD, it falls apart, as my focus has been incorrect.

Seriously if we think about it, having a material golden spoon is nothing compared to having a intangible golden spoon of love, support and unconditional acceptance. *Glad I could type fast... or else thots would be left behind... still remember P typing away furiously in the SB office... and I thot wow... if only I could type as fast as he does... now I can! Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that You'll soften his heart, he's feeling pressurised as ppl ard him hasn't been exactly great testimonials, jus as You've provided the sparrows in the sky, similarly Lord, remove his animosity and feelings of abandonment and hatred, change his heart. I pray Lord, I put my dear friend, P, who has taught me much, at the foot of your cross, Lord. Soften his heart. In your most precious name I ask.*

Lord, I'd like to put my Dad and Mum and grandma, grandpa... my uncle, aunt, Sonia, David... my whole family, and extended family... into your hands. I hear abt Lynette Wan's entire family being saved... which is a wonder. A miracle. I speak your Miracle to this family, Dear Lord. Nothing else I'd like more to have my family attend service, with one heart, my hubby, my kids in tow, attending Sunday school... Mummy was asking about Passion of the Christ after she watched it... Lord, uncover their eyes, and their hearts, as I proclaim that this h/h will be won for the Lord, and all idols be banished. In your most precious name I ask too. For it is freedom to act in His accord, and be free from fear. Freedom means tt. Freedom from guilt too. WWJD?

I ask for mercy for the sins I have committed... too many to mention, too shameful to mention... it's not a matter of who knows... but a matter of myself knowing. "Holy Spirit, Rain dooooowwwwnnnn..."

A still having his exams... hmm. Wondering wat to prepare for M's potluck on 18 Dec. Something refreshing... let's decide...

And as I conduct more interviews... I hear ppl in their 40s to 60s, even... looking for a job. If they are working as they are bored, I do not have a problem with tt... but they share, "I still have energy left in me, I don't mind working seven days a week, I just want to earn more for my kids..." Is that a matter of bad planning? or? Wat if something happens to them? I don't think that we shld be slogging away at that age. I asked Daddy to grant me discipline as well... and it works!!! Haven't been very interested in food already... w/o having to try TUMMYTRIM. :p E, if you are reading this, I rem u told me not to take all these... r u going to heed your own advice? :P My perennial problem: binge-eating when stressed. Scary. Very. But Daddy upstairs is changing tt! Financial discipline too! Haaallleelluuyahh.

Thank You, for keeping me grounded and sane.

8 Comments:

Blogger Traviz said...

Just go for it gal !

07 December, 2004 12:41  
Blogger SophT said...

Hey, Travis,

Thanks so much for showing so much faith in me.

:) Grateful

08 December, 2004 22:24  
Blogger Traviz said...

err..it's TraviZ not TraviS..haha :) anyway .. you got a nice voice ..so dun just keep it .. share it .:)

13 December, 2004 15:15  
Blogger SophT said...

Oops. I'm sorry, Traviz. :)

And thanks again.

13 December, 2004 22:49  
Blogger Traviz said...

:)

15 December, 2004 17:59  
Blogger SophT said...

Hey hey... Let me know if u have any gigs coming up.

Keep in touch!

15 December, 2004 21:23  
Blogger Traviz said...

gig? will take sometime, anyway , have yet to see ur little artpiece at the Art Museum..haha ;P

16 December, 2004 14:00  
Blogger SophT said...

Hahah. It's already up there. :P

18 December, 2004 00:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home